Saturday, October 29, 2011

Congratulations to the Cards



Well, I guess it works. No matter how much my fellow bloggers said "La Russa sucks!" or "La Russa overmanages!" or "Prove you're not a donut", Tony La Russa has one more ring on his hand. Make it 3, and 2 in the last 6 years. I'm not going to pretend to be some avid Cards fan, but I have to admire this squad and their highly criticized figurehead. I will brag slightly and have you know that I have long been using the La Russa approach on MLB The Show. Hot Tub Ninja (Brian) can attest to that, often facing my pitcher in the 8th hole and then feeling the wrath of 2 consecutive leadoff hitters.  




Back to the point of this article, La Russa and the scrappy Cards made this postseason somethin' to watch. We all know that the world was hoping for a star studded matchup between two East Coast squads, but......they choked. Instead we were given a Big 12 like matchup of two centrally placed teams. I was pumped, mostly because I have one Uncle in St. Louis and one in Dallas, but we all know FOX was not equally pumped.  That god damn robot Cleatus must've been bitching for days.

Instead of disappointing, this World Series ended up captivating even Caramello's dank a.f. and high a.f. pals. Game 7 received the highest TV ratings of any MLB baseball game since the 2004 World Series win by the BoSox. Even the biggest La Russa hater has to say that the Cards made baseball interesting and fun to watch. I truly enjoyed watching this World Series and I hope this will increase baseball's fanbase even more. It was a very solid baseball season in my opinion, minus the sheisty ass Twins, but we'll get 'em next year. 

Highlights of the MLB season:
-Winning my Fantasy League
-Sitting 8th row behind home (Thanks bro)
-Franky Liriano no no
-Finding out that Danny Valencia is Jewish
-Scooping a Ryan Braun jersey on Clearance
-Final night of the regular season
-Sadly, saying goodbye to John Gordon's voice

- Sam Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment