Friday, October 28, 2011

It's All About Perspective

As David Freese rounds third base, a faint cry emerges: "That one's for Tony!"

    I really had no clue what to write about for my first official post on this spanking new blog.  T.J. Lang's damaged testicles were definitely an option, as was the goose-bump inducing call by Joe Buck last night 20 years after his father said it best. Countless minor sports options came to mind, but then I remembered that we have a miscellaneous section on this smashing blog of ours! So I decided to write about the future, seeing as it dominates the majority of my thoughts right now. Well, the true reason why I had the idea to write about the future is that I received a letter from my (and Schlaggy's) favorite college...

 
The front of the envelope read "Congratulations". I have been accepted into the Carlson School at the University of Minnesota and am quite relieved about it. I am that guy who has yet to start any college essays but one, but already knows he can go to a fine school. Granted, I still want to test the waters and analyze all of my options before making a decision (similar to Chris when it comes to girls). I really have no clue what I will end up doing in the future, kind of like my attitude about the future as a 9th grader. But why should I decide now? Clearly things change, as proven by the migration of two of my best friends to both coasts of the country.

There is no possible way to determine what might happen in the long run and even the short run. David Freese has my ass on that statement all the way. In case you've been living under a freaking rock, I'll explain what I mean. There was Mr. Freese standing at the plate with an essentially impossible task of scoring two runners on 1st and 2nd to tie the game and avoid elimination-all with two strikes. Literally no one on earth could predict that approximately an hour later he would be rounding the bases after his second uber-clutch hit of the night. 

      Who knows what will happen in the next few years, or even weeks. I don't need to be completely decisive right now, and I enjoy that freedom. In a few months, this post might influence my decision, but who knows how?

- Sam Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment